Thursday, July 18, 2013

Custom 'Taco' tortoise cozy

I love creative challenges! One of my clients asked me if I could make a 'taco' tortoise cozy for her tortoise who is named Taco. It took a bit of experimenting, but here is what I came up with: 

...maybe we should taco 'bout this... 

Crocheting this cozy was much more involved than the others I've made, but I could imagine it may become quite popular.

Roz modeling the 'taco' tortoise cozy.
What kind of food should I crochet for YOUR tortoise? ;)

5 comments:

  1. Cupcake! a cupcake!
    My tortoise is a 3 yo leopard tortoise, named Penny.

    OH! You have en Etsy store! ...I'm gonna look for patterns. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! If you make one that looks like robins sidekick costume or like bowser from mario I would buy it in a heartbeat! I have a fully grown russian and he would look so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a ton of requests of Bowser cozies... however, I stay away from crocheting anything resembling a trademarked or copyrighted character. The 'awesome' factor is not worth the potential legal head-ache. You can look in my Etsy store though: www.mossytortoise.etsy.com - I have a ton of different designs there.

      Delete
  3. How to I place a order for tortise sweaters???? Plz help me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sell the tortoise cozies in my Etsy shop, www.mossytortoise.etsy.com - right now my shop is set to 'vacation' mode, but I will be briefly re-opening it from May 3 until May8. Please be sure to follow the measuring instructions in the item description when you place your order. Thank you!

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.