Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The crazy crocheting Tortoise Lady

...that might be me. Ever since seeing that silly picture online of the tortoise cozy, I have used the time when I'm waiting for kid-related activities crocheting tortoise cozies.

Disclaimer - just to make sure that people don't start yelling at me: these cozies are a 'for fun' tortoise fashion item that I am creating to sell in my Etsy shop. My tortoises spend their days happily exploring their tort table in the buff... no clothing necessary!

Here are the ones I've made so far:

Timmy and Jill, modelling the blue cozies

Jill, posing so elegantly


Timmy, my XL female (7.5 inches) modelling the large one I finished.

Jill on the left, Timmy (still modelling) on the right, for size comparison
Mila modelling a cozy for my Etsy shop.
I wish I could have gotten more of this awesome afternoon light...

Top view of this one - I made the holes a little larger on this one
so the tort's shell color shines through more.

Mila giving me a grumpy look - she thought wearing a cozy was very undignified.
I am almost done crocheting a 'sun flower' shell ornament that I think you will love, too...

5 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I would definitely consider gettog ny Sid one xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will post a link to my Etsy shop very soon! I am having a 'grand opening' on Friday, at which point some of the cozies will be for sale in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one too and I'll get one for my nephew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! They are available at www.mossytortoise.etsy.com :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.